If you are participating in a focus group for the first time, the following are are some useful things that can make your focus group experience as smooth as possible:
What is a Focus Group?
A focus group is a demographically diverse group of people recruited to participate in a moderated discussion about a product or service. They provide feedback on current products and services that will help to improve them as well as providing information on how to introduce up and coming products to the general public. Some focus groups may also be on social and economic issues in your area and may require groups of people to collect useful data. By participating in these groups, you will be providing useful information and, in turn, you will be compensated for your time. If you are interested, you may want to start here by joining our database.
I am being called but I am on the Do Not Call Registry. Why?
Market Research Companies are exempt from the Do not Call list law. If you do not want to be contacted simply make a request and we will remove you, no questions asked.
Is my information safe?
ULTA Research Services operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. We review our security and privacy policies and enhance them as necessary. ULTA Research Services only allows authorized personnel at the company to have access to the information provided by you and does its best to ensure that your Personal Information is secure and protected.
I have been recruited for a study. Will I be contacted prior to study date?
Yes you will be provided an email with information for the study after being recruited. A confirmation call will be provided as well as confirming your availability and clarity on directions to the facility.
I am in your database. Why am I not being called to participate?
Market Research studies have a wide variety of demographic needs. At times you will be called to participate in groups based on this information and at other times, you may not be contacted if you do not fit the demographic needs for the study or if the demographic need is already met. This is normal. The best way to ensure you will be selected for a study is to continue to keep your database information up to date and be on the lookout for our emails. The more information you provide in your database profile the better chance it is that you will be selected for a study. There is no need to call us. We will call you if we need you.
Useful & Helpful Tips for First Time Respondents
- Plan out the route you will be taking to get to the facility. If you are taking Public Transportation there are useful tools and apps that you can use on you home computer, tablet and or smartphone to help you stay informed with any changes in schedules or similar issues. Google provides up to the minute public transportation information that will help you arrive on time as well as driving directions. www.google.com/maps Spot Hero is also an online website that provides economical parking options if you reserve your spot ahead of time. www.spothero.com
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early. Being on time helps us out as well as having any questions answered before your group starts.
- Some focus groups require a bit of homework. If homework is required, please bring it with you to the facility. If the homework is not completed, your further participation in the study may be jeopardized as well as any compensation.
- Be sure to have a state or driver’s license handy. This will verify who you are and your age.
- As hard as it may be at times to find babysitters unless children are a part of a study do not bring them unless another adult will be present to supervise them. Please plan ahead.
- Life happens. If there is an emergency or a change of plans in your schedule, please give us a call as soon as possible. There are a select number of people who are invited to participate in these groups so it is very important that we verify the correct amount of respondents at the research study for our clients.
- If you feel that you are not receiving emails from us, please make sure that ultaresearch.com is in you safe senders list.